A socialist newsweekly published in the interests of working people
Vol. 64/No. 30July 31, 2000
Union leaders from Cuba tour the U.S.
Three leaders of the Central Organization of Cuban Workers (CTC) have begun a month-long U.S. speaking tour. They are:
Olga Rosa Gómez Cortes
General secretary of the Cultural Workers Union and a deputy in Cuba's National Assembly
Leonel González González
Has been a leader of the health care workers union and is an official in the CTC's foreign relations department. He is also a deputy in the National Assembly, and a member of the assembly's Foreign Relations Commission
Manuel Montero Bistilleiro
Secretary of the union of workers in the sports industry and head of the CTC's International Relations Department relating to the Americas.
The following is the schedule and contact phone numbers for the tour:
- July 19-22 Boston area (617) 254-9070
- July 23-25 New York City (212) 633-6646, (917) 919-2278
- July 26-27 Washington, D.C. (410) 381-4899
- July 28-29 Cleveland (216) 398-6583
- July 30 Toledo
- August 1 Tennessee (865) 933-3443
- August 2 North Carolina (919) 683-3145
- August 3 San Jose (408) 261-4151
- August 4-6 San Francisco (415) 821-6545
- August 7-8 Los Angeles (310) 419-2983
- August 9-12 Chicago (773) 376-7521
- August 13-14 Detroit (313) 561-8330
An evening of solidarity
Join in welcoming to New York City a delegation from the Confederation of Cuban Workers
Tuesday July 25, 6:00 p.m.
At Service Employees International Union, Local 1199, 310 West 43rd St., Martin Luther King Center.
For more information contact (212) 633-6646
The tour is being organized by the U.S.-Cuba Labor Exchange.
Front page (for this issue) |